–Seth Briars, addressing the dead bodies
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Drive Seth in the wagon from Coot's Chapel to Tumbleweed.
- Outrun or kill the attacking treasure hunters en route.
This mission is fairly straightforward. Drive a wagon to Tumbleweed while Seth searches some dead bodies for his beloved map in the back. Along the way some bandits will attack, but a few rifle shots will take care of them. Upon arrival in Tumbleweed, the mission is successfully completed.
- Main article: A Gentle Drive with Friends/dialogue
The mission will fail if the player:
- Kills or abandons Seth.
- Wrecks the wagon.
- Rides through Armadillo and stops long enough for the law to take interest.
- Kills the horses pulling the wagon.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Fastest Time: 3:15
- Shot Accuracy: 100%
- Number of Headshots: 7
New Game Elements Introduced
- During the ride in the wagon, John will comment on Seth's chatter with the corpses, calling him sick and twisted. The whole dialogue is a subtle reference to John himself, as he tends to speak to corpses when looting them, pronouncing short one-liners such as "'Sorry friend, I ain't gettin' fresh."
- If John has already acquired the machine gun in the mission "Man is Born Unto Trouble", Seth will mention it during the ride. He will tell John that West Dickens doesn't have any ammo for it.
- The first body in the coffin is the exact model of Sam Odessa when he is found dead outside Tumbleweed.
- As Seth finds the map on the last body, the corpse model may stand up.
- In the beginning of the mission, Seth says not to drive through Armadillo. Should the player choose to do so, a few lines of dialogue will play, but nothing else happens.
- This mission can be completed before "Hanging Bonnie MacFarlane", which also takes place in Tumbleweed, but if this is the case John will still ask Marshal Johnson about Tumbleweed during the mission to save Bonnie, as though he is unaware of it.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.