A Quiet Time is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Lenny arrives back at camp with the news that Micah was arrested in Strawberry for murder and that Sheriff Hanley is going to hang him. Dutch instructs Arthur to rescue Micah later and take Lenny into Valentine to calm him down. After arriving, the duo start drinking, until a patron named Jeb annoys the pair, and Arthur can either charm, intimidate, or assault him into leaving them alone.
After drinking some more, Arthur drunkenly stumbles around the saloon looking for Lenny, and finds him upstairs, trying to balance a shot glass on his forehead. Reunited, the two start drinking again, but Arthur soon loses him again and after searching the bar finds him trying to fight off two men from atop the bar counter. Arthur confronts the men, but ends up drunkenly line dancing with the patrons of the bar. After urinating outside, Arthur returns to the bar to find Lenny, but is so drunk that he sees every patron as Lenny. After talking to three or more patrons, Lenny finds Arthur, and the pair engage in a slapping contest before they return to drinking. Jeb then re-enters the bar, and steals Arthur's drink out of his hand.
The game then cuts to Arthur and Lenny outside, holding Jeb over a water trough. At this point the player can do one of three things before a group of lawmen confront them, leading to Lenny's arrest and Arthur fleeing, either getting away or tripping over a fence and being arrested as well. The option chosen will affect how the mission ends.
- Do nothing: if the player does not follow the button prompts to begin trying to drown Jeb in the water trough, he will break free and go retrieve the law.
- Attempt to drown Jeb: if the player begins the button prompts to drown the patron, but doesn't complete it in time, Jeb breaks free and retrieves the law.
- Drown Jeb: if the player completes the button prompt to drown Jeb, the law will find him unconscious in the trough then begin searching for the pair.
Arthur escaped from the law, didn't force Jeb into the water trough: Arthur wakes up just south of the camp but is very hung over, gagging and vomiting onto the grass. He then returns to camp to find Lenny, who states he doesn't know what happened during their escape.
Arthur was arrested with Lenny, didn't force Jeb into water trough: Arthur and Lenny wake up in Valentine jail, charged with assault. After the pair post bail, they will pause outside the office, as Lenny vomits into the street, then go their separate ways back to camp.
Arthur escapes, attempted to drown Jeb: Arthur meets with Lenny back at camp, who was arrested and had to post bail for assault. Lenny then laments last night's events with Arthur, comparing it to Micah's actions in Strawberry.
Arthur was arrested with Lenny, attempted to drown Jeb: Arthur and Lenny wake up in Valentine jail, where they have been charged with assault. After the pair post bail, they will pause outside the office, as Lenny vomits into the street, then go their separate ways back to camp.
Arthur escapes, drowned Jeb: Arthur meets with Lenny back in camp, who was arrested for attempted murder and had to post bail. Lenny then laments last night's events with Arthur, comparing it to Micah's actions in Strawberry.
Arthur was arrested with Lenny, drowned Jeb: Arthur and Lenny wake up in Valentine jail, where they have been charged with attempted murder. After the pair post bail, they will pause outside the office, as Lenny vomits into the street, then go their separate ways back to camp.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Try to make amends with an old rival.
- Catch Lenny in the act.
- Don't get arrested.
Background Music Played in the Mission
- "A Quiet Time (Saloon Theme)" - Played when Arthur and Lenny order a drink and they both eventually end up drunk.
- When Arthur looks for Lenny whilst extremely drunk, one of the misspellings of Lenny's name is "Lemmy", which is possibly a reference to Lemmy Kilmister, the late frontman of English metal band Motorhead.
- The Barber in Smithfield's Saloon will not be present during the mission.
- The Deputy releasing Arthur and Lenny can only be seen during the mission.
- After the mission, the Sheriff's Office will be locked and the player might become WANTED for "Trespassing" if they attempt to enter the building.
- After the mission, the Sheriff may be seen carrying a Bolt Action Rifle, which is another way to obtain the weapon early in Chapter 2.
- Listed in The Housebuilding EP.