A Strange Kindness is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2. It is the final mission of Chapter 2
After getting involved in a shootout in Valentine, Arthur rides back to camp to find the gang packing up. Dutch tells Arthur that Micah told him of a new spot at Dewberry Creek, and ordered Arthur to take Charles with him to check it out.
Upon reaching the creek, the pair noted it was a poor spot, and found a man dead in the dried up lake. They found a small camp nearby, and found a small German family hiding under a wagon. The family could hardly speak any English. However, the daughter managed to communicate that the father had been kidnapped. Arthur doesn't want to look for him, but Charles convinces him, and the two ride off to search for the man.
They follow a horse trail, and reach an area by the lake. They find the man tied up, but it turns out to be a trap. Once the assault has been put down, Arthur unties the man and takes him back to his family. While riding back, he tells Arthur his family runs a gold mining business, and he was being held for ransom. Arthur doesn't understand what the man is saying, as he is speaking in German. Once returning him to his family, Arthur tells them to go, but before they do, the man gives Arthur a gold bar as a token of appreciation for rescuing him.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Return the captive to his family within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Get 5 headshots.
- Complete with at least 80% accuracy.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Unnamed Man - Killed sometime before or after the family of Settlers came to the creek.
- 3 Vultures (Optional) - Killed by Arthur.
- 7 Outlaws - Killed by Arthur and Charles.
- Fleeing Outlaw (Optional) - Shot by arthur.