Deborah MacGuiness introduces herself as a leading amateur paleontologist in the nation. She vents that no university will hire her and have rejected her theories. She tells the protagonist about her career of gathering dinosaur bones. After partially excavating a large hip bone, she offers a reward for finding dinosaur bones throughout the world.
There are a total of 30 Dinosaur Bones that can be found throughout the world.
- 1 location mailed in: Quartz Chunk
- 15 locations mailed in: Skull Statue
- 30 locations mailed in: Deborah MacGuiness' Invitation, Jawbone Knife
- Because many dinosaur bones are in the regions which cannot be accessed by Arthur Morgan, only John is able to complete the mission.
- Arthur can collect bones in New Austin through a glitch or exploit, upon returning to Deborah, the ensuing dialogue suggests that the mission was originally able to be completed by Arthur.
- Although Deborah asks for dinosaur bones, several bones that the protagonist finds do not belong to dinosaurs.
- This mission parodies early depictions of dinosaurs such as Richard Owen's Megalosaurus or Gideon Mantell's Iguanodon.
- If the player collects dinosaur bone locations before meeting Deborah MacGuiness, additional dialogue is added to the cutscene.
- There is a newspaper article about Deborah MacGuiness in the first newspaper titled 'A Search for Ancient Bones'. Her last name (from the caption text) is misspelled in the article.
- Before John receives the invitation after finding all 30 bones, Deborah MacGuiness can be heard laughing inside the barn at Firwood Rise.
Completing this Stranger mission strand is associated with these trophies/achievements:
Complete 10 Stranger mission strands.
Complete one of the Collectible strands
Attain 100% Completion.