|“||A black horse. Fast speed.||„|
Alongside the Kentucky Saddler and Hungarian Half-bred, the American Standardbred is one of the three top-tier horses available in Redemption, not including DLCs. It is the fastest horse breed and mount available in the base game; in exchange, its overall health and stamina are average in comparison to the other two top-tier breeds.
Described as a "black horse" in its deed, the American Standardbred is dark brown, almost solid black, in color, with a full black mane and tail.
A deed for this horse can be purchased at any general store for $1500 but mostly for 750 with high enough honor (or low enough honor at Thieves' Landing), but only after the player has successfully broken the horse at least once.
The American Standardbred can be found in the following locations:
- West Elizabeth
- New Austin
- North of Thieves' Landing.
Rare occurrences have taken place where the American Standardbred has also been found north of Wreck of the Serendipity. Groups of two American Standardbreds can also be found near Aurora Basin, though such occurrence is rare.
- When galloping, the player should tap A/X at a delayed rhythm - about once every second (or three strides). Doing this allows the horse to regain stamina before it is spurred again, while still retaining its top speed.
- The in-game breed is based on the real world Standardbred. See the linked article for information about the real world equivalent.
- When looking for the Standardbred, it is often easy to confuse this breed with the Dutch Warmblood, which in reality is dark brown and black. The Standardbred is completely black in any lighting and does not have any shade of brown.
- A possible rare glitch spawns a herd of 4-5 Standardbreds near the river north of Beecher's Hope, close to the Great Plains/Tall Trees border. There is also a spawn point just south of Bearclaw Camp, near the river.
- There is a slightly increased chance to find it at night.