|“||He about to kiss that guy or punch him?||„|
Americans at Rest is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
The player can find Javier at the bar speaking to a few women with Charles, after which Arthur promptly scares them away with rudeness. Arthur, Javier, and Charles wait for Bill at the bar, and they won’t have to wait long; Bill walks in, but he bumps into another patron on the way, starting a bar fight.
After fighting a bit, Tommy, the strongest local at the saloon, emerges from upstairs. He immediately attacks Javier, while another man jumps the player. After breaking free from him, Bill tells Arthur to save Javier from Tommy and fight will ensue outside between Arthur and Tommy.
At the end of the brawl, Thomas Downes, a bystander, begs Arthur to spare Tommy, which he does. Dutch and some others will meet up with the player, including Josiah Trelawny, an old friend who was looking for the gang in Blackwater. He says that some bounty hunters are holding Sean MacGuire, a member of the gang. Charles and Javier are sent to find more information, and Arthur is told to get cleaned up before joining the other two.
Gold Medal Objectives
The mission will fail if the player:
- Allows Javier to be killed by Tommy;
- Abandons the other gang members in Valentine;
- Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin is heard in the bar in the background.
- Despite being prostitutes, Anastasia and her friend can no longer be seen in Valentine after this mission.
- If the player for some reason decides to go through the saloon's left-side window to start this mission, Charles' AI will become bugged, and he will become aggressive. He will start randomly attacking, and shooting NPCs, and while the mission won't fail, the player will be unable to continue with it due to his actions breaking the rest of its script.
- It is possible to hit the people in the crowd when fighting Tommy outside, though this has no effect on the mission.