An American Pastoral Scene is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
To start this mission, Arthur meets Micah at his camp near Strawberry, where Micah asks for his assistance in robbing a banking coach heading towards Strawberry, as a way to repay Arthur for his help in escaping jail.
Arthur follows Micah on horseback until they make it to their destination - a ridge, overlooking where the coach should come through. On the way, the two share a mostly belligerent conversation in which they argue about various things.
After they reach the destination, the pair ambush the coach and take out all of the guards and the driver, before hijacking it and driving it away. Arthur takes the reins, and Micah gives him a Lancaster Repeater to use.
Things seem to be going well, but once the duo get close to a river, O'Driscolls attack them and try to commandeer it for themselves. In the chaos, the carriage flips over and the two are thrown into the river. Arthur and Micah mange to successfully eliminate their rival outlaws in the ensuing gunfight.
After the robbers are taken out, Arthur meets with Micah at the overturned bank coach. At Micah's request, Arthur shoots the lock and opens the lockbox, which contains a hefty take. The two split the loot between them and then ride their seperate ways back to camp.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Headshot each of the mounted guards protecting the wagon.
- Get 10 kills in Dead Eye.
- Complete within 6 minutes.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Stagecoach guards - Killed by Arthur and Micah while attempting to defend the banking stagecoach.
- Numerous O'Driscolls - Killed by Arthur and Micah while attempting to rob the stolen banking stagecoach.