|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
An Honest Day's Labors is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
John meets Sadie in the Blackwater saloon, asking if she has any work. She tells John that, with him, she could attempt to take back the wanted Shane Finley after he was stolen from her by another professional bounty hunter, James Langton.
The two ride to New Austin to find Langton, and eventually spot him riding with some of his men towards Pike's Basin. The player can choose to either stealthily enter Pike's Basin, threaten Langton and his henchmen, or immediately start shooting. Whichever method is chosen, a shootout ensues and Langton is eventually slain. After clearing out Langton and his men, John puts Finley on the back of Sadie's horse, and they start riding for Blackwater. Soon afterwards, they are ambushed from above by Langton's remaining men, who are pursuing the pair on horseback. After, dispatching their pursuers, Sadie and John reach Blackwater to hand over Shane Finley.
Sadie reports to Police Chief Oswald Dunbar that Langton is dead after he tried to rob her, and is then paid $400 for the bounty, which she splits with John.
- James Langton - Killed by either John Marston or Sadie Adler after stealing the latter's bounty.
- Langton’s men - Killed by John Marston and Sadie Adler.
- Shane Finley (optional) - Can be killed by John.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Kill all of Langton’s men during the horseback escape.
- After choosing your approach, escape with Shane Finley within 5 minutes.
- Complete with at least 70% accuracy.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- This is the only story mission in Red Dead Redemption 2 to take place in the state of New Austin, despite it being the second largest state in the game.
- Shane Finley can also be brought in dead; Police Chief Oswald Dunbar will express his disappointment that he won’t see Finley hang, and seems to pay only $300, as the player receives only $150.