Andreas is a German immigrant who came to America with his family. He and his family are in the gold mining business, and they speak fairly limited English.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Andreas and his family's camp was attacked by outlaws, during which Andreas was kidnapped by some outlaws for ransom. He was later saved by Arthur and Charles, and brought back to his family by the former. Andreas thanks Arthur for saving him and gives Arthur a gold bar as a token of appreciation. Arthur is appreciative of it, and tells Andreas to leave the area as it’s not safe.
Later in the story, Arthur takes mortally wounded Eagle Flies to the Wapiti Reservation, where he dies. After leaving, Arthur has a paroxysm and passes out, seeing the family he had once helped standing over him. While waking up in Annesburg, Arthur sees the figures of Andreas and his wife and hears their voices. She tries to give Arthur a drink, but he insists that he needs to go.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- There are several factors that suggest Andreas is an ancestor of Juan "El Rubio" Strickler, the main antagonist of the Cayo Perico Heist in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- El Rubio is of German descent, as his last name, Strickler, is a common German name. He also mentions that his grandfather was German when the player first arrives on Cayo Perico.
- During the heist, photos of Andreas and his family can be found inside El Rubio's mansion. Some feature the four family members posing, while others show them at Emerald Ranch. Another photo shows Andreas with an older woman.
- Andreas' family owns a gold mine in 1899, and El Rubio possesses a large amount of gold, which the player can steal during the heist.
- Andreas' son wears a traditional Bavarian hat (an "Aschauer Hut"), indicating that the family stems from that region of Germany. However they speak standard German, i.e. German without any discernible accent that points at a specific region from which they hail.