Andreas is a German immigrant who came to America with his family. He and his family are in the gold mining business, and speaks fairly limited English.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Andreas and his family's camp was attacked by outlaws, during which Andreas was kidnapped by some outlaws for ransom. He was later saved by Arthur and Charles, and brought back to his family by the former. Andreas thanks Arthur for saving him and gives Arthur a gold bar as a token of appreciation. Arthur is appreciative of it, and tells Andreas to leave the area as it’s not safe.
Later in the story, Arthur takes mortally wounded Eagle Flies to the Wapiti Reservation, where he dies. After leaving, Arthur has a paroxysm and passes out, seeing the family he had once helped standing over him. While waking up in Annesburg, Arthur sees the figures of Andreas and his wife and hears their voices. She tries to give Arthur a drink, but he insists that he needs to go.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Multiple factors hint towards a relation between his family and El Rubio, the main antagonist of the Cayo Perico Heist in GTA Online.
- During the heist, photos of Andreas of his family can be found inside El Rubio's mansion. Some feature the four family members posing, while others show them at Emerald Ranch. Another photo shows Andreas with an older woman.
- El Rubio's actual last name, Strickler, is a common German name.
- Upon arriving at the island, El Rubio refers to his grandfather being German, possibly concerning Andreas' son.
- While Andreas' family owns a gold mine in 1899, El Rubio is known for posessing a large amount of gold which can be stolen throughout the heist.