Red Dead Revolver
|“||Percy said, "There were three of them wearing bandanas over their faces and all you could see was their eyes, but the SMELL! I hope they used some of that money to buy a bath!"||„|
|—Sheriff Bartlett's Journal|
Red Dead Redemption
The Banditos is a gang that operates in the Nuevo Paraiso territory in Red Dead Redemption. They can be found primarily in Chuparosa and Casa Madrugada, and will react appropriately if Marston draws his gun. They also end up occupying Fort Mercer after it is abandoned by Williamson's gang, and can sometimes be encountered in Rio Bravo because of this. Most bounty targets in Nuevo Paraiso are Banditos.
Banditos normally wear similar clothes which include a large sombrero, a jacket, a red kerchief and a bandolier. The player can get the Bandito Outfit that allows him to look like them. This makes them befriend the player until they take aggressive action on them.
Note: Even if killed/captured during certain random encounters or bounty hunting missions, these named Banditos will respawn and can be found again at their usual hangout places or during other random encounters.
The following is a list of known Banditos in Red Dead Redemption:
- Arcadio Gamboa - can be killed by Marston
- Benito Penagarza - can be killed or captured by Marston
- Cesar Higueras - can be killed or captured by Marston
- Cristo Bustamante - can be killed by Marston
- Mateo Clisante - can be killed or captured by Marston
- Rafael Jaspeado
- Ramiro de la Torre - can be killed by Marston
- Sergio Abelda - can be killed or captured by Marston
- Yago Alejandres - can be killed by Marston
- Even with the Bandito Outfit equipped, the Banditos at Fort Mercer will still attack Marston because the only way to get in the fort is to walk towards Leon Galindo who will boost the player onto some crates.
- Also when the player wears the Bandito Outfit, the gang will not assist the player in a fight. The same goes for Walton's Gang and the Bollard Twins Gang.
- The Banditos do not appear in Undead Nightmare.
- The Banditos at Tesoro Azul in Free Roam will not fire upon the player if they enter the hideout without shooting, but they will become hostile when provoked. This also goes for the rebels at Nosalida.
- In the Chuparosa Cantina, a small posse of Banditos can be found.