| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
|Description||Kill and skin 18 grizzly bears.|
|Gamer Score||5 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Bronze bronze|
"Kill and skin 18 grizzly bears."
- Use bait as this quickly draws the attention of grizzly bears; once slain, it will automatically attract more bears that hunt in groups seeking to avenge their fallen brethren.
- Whistle for a horse consecutively until attracting their attention or fire one of the guns which will scare away other animals apart from grizzly bears.
- Find an open area, or maybe on top of a small hill and then equip the Buffalo Rifle or any type of shotgun, and carefully seek out the bear. Sometimes, it may attract a boar which is easily mistaken for a grizzly from close range and from far away as they both have a bulky figure and charge when alarmed. Make sure that it is a bear, approach it carefully, while making sure another doesn't attack, and kill it with a shotgun or Buffalo Rifle by either in the neck or the forehead.
- An easy place to complete this is at Aurora Basin. Jump on top of the roof of the small shack, and wait until a bear comes. Once the first bear is killed, more will come (usually 2-3 more).
- Travelling on foot will increase the player's chances of finding a bear (or it finding you).
- The bear you meet in the mission "At Home with Dutch" will always be alone, so you can just kill the bear and then commit suicide as many times you need to easily get this achievement.
- After you kill a bear ride your horse over it so that your horse and the bear are perpendicular. Dismount your horse. You should see the option to skin the bear (if not slowly move until you do). When you skin the bear it should skip the lengthy skinning animation and instantly give you the bear provisions. Performing this trick will give you credit towards this achievement/trophy.
- The name of this achievement/trophy is a pun, referring to how 18 is the legal age for people to be considered adults in the United States, meaning they are "barely legal".
- The French name of this achievement/trophy is "Bonne nuit les petits", which is a reference to an old television show for young kids that featured a bear as the principal hero.
- The Spanish name of this achievement/trophy is "Osando cazar", a phrase that means "daring to hunt" and that features a reference to bears in the title.
This achievement can be completed in conjunction with the following achievement:
Kill every animal species in the game in any game mode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.