|“||I'm a healer, you know? A Medicine man, finest Medicine in the state!||„|
However, his "miracle cure" contains harmful substances, which have caused fatalities. Because of this, a $50 reward was offered for his capture.
Benedict is found by a campfire on a small cliff, by the bank of the Dakota River. Arthur confronts him, causing Benedict to naturally show fear and anxiousness, worrying that Arthur is a bounty hunter who is here to capture him. Arthur then asks where he can find Allbright, due to his mother being ill and in need of a cure. Benedict, excited to sell his "medicine", happily bargains with the player. Arthur then suddenly throws the cure into the river, and abruptly aims his weapon at Allbright, demanding he surrenders.
Benedict denies Arthur's claims, before he accidentally slips and falls off the edge of the cliff. Arthur swiftly grabs him, and pulls him back up to the campsite. Benedict then threatens to jump back off the cliff, and Arthur attempts to persuade him not to. Benedict, knowing he has no other option, leaps off the cliff, falling into the river below to be carried quickly by the current, resulting in Arthur's pursuit. Further down the river, Arthur manages to lasso Allbright, and places him on the back of his horse.
Once returned to the sheriff's office in Valentine, the player receives the promised $50 reward for the capture of Allbright.
- If Benedict is looted after being captured, Arthur will, perhaps ironically, receive a bottle of Health tonic, which will be perfectly safe for Arthur to consume.
- Whilst Benedict initially carries a revolver, Arthur Morgan throws it into the river after confronting him. As a result, Benedict is no threat to the player.
- If the player returns to the sheriff's office after the mission, Allbright will be sitting in his cell, and will sometimes curse the player for capturing him.
- Allbright is never hanged for his crimes by Sheriff Malloy; even in 1907, he is still imprisoned in the Valentine jail. This makes Allbright the only bounty to never be hanged for their unlawful deeds.
- "You saved my life!" - After Arthur Morgan catches him mid-drop and pulls him back up.
- "No, sir." - When asked his identity.
- "Taking me in? What for!?" - After being held at gunpoint by Arthur Morgan.
- "That's crap! I'm a healer!" - After being imformed by Arthur that his "cures" are killing people.
- "I have to insist that this is a mistake!" - Benedict resisting being apprehended.
- "I'm slipping! Shit!" - When being grabbed by the jacket by Arthur after attempting to drop into the river.
- "I'd be better off jumping!"
- "Bye, bye, friend!" - After jumping into the Dakota River.
- "You'll remember this, partner!" - After being imprisoned by Arthur.