The Black Bear is a species of animal found in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Black Bear is a species of Animals found in Red Dead Redemption 2. They are smaller in size than the Grizzly Bear. Their main diet consists of salmon, honey, fruit, small mammals and carrion.
The fur is soft, with dense underfur and long, coarse, thick guard hairs. The fur is not as shaggy or coarse as that of grizzly bears.
- Big Valley (northwest)
- Tall Trees
- Aurora Basin (east of)
- Forested areas of Roanoke Ridge
- Cumberland Forest (East of)
- Rank 5 of the Master Hunter Challenges requires you to skin three Black or Grizzly Bears.
- We recommend using a Long Scoped Rifle or a Bow with Improved Arrows to hunt this animal.
- Their claws and fat can be used for crafting and their meat can be consumed.
- You can craft a Bear Fringed Shotgun Chaps and a Bear Grenadier Hat at the Trapper Shop using its materials and cook the meat from hunting it.
Skin every species of animal in Story Mode.
Study every animal across all states in Story Mode.