The Black Bear is a species of animal found in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Black Bear is a species of Animals found in Red Dead Redemption 2. They are smaller in size than the Grizzly Bear. Their diet is omnivorous, consisting of salmon, honey, fruit, small mammals and carrion.
Their fur is soft, with dense underfur and long, coarse, thick guard hairs. However, the fur is not as shaggy or coarse as that of a Grizzly Bear.
Black Bears will flee from the player and are passive, but are still marked as hostile on the mini-map, and will spook the player's horse.
- Big Valley (northwest)
- Northwestern Bayou Nwa
- Forested areas of Roanoke Ridge
- Grizzlies East
- Tall Trees
- Aurora Basin (east of)
- A Long Scoped Rifle or a Bow with Improved Arrows are recommended when hunting this animal.
- Their claws and fat can be used for crafting and their meat is added to the player's inventory in the form of Big Game Meat.
- Players can craft a Bear Fringed Shotgun Chaps and a Bear Grenadier Hat at the Trapper using its materials, and cook the meat from hunting it.
- Black bears will always flee from the player, despite being marked as hostile in-game.
Skin every species of animal in Story Mode.
Study every animal across all states in Story Mode.