|“||Get down here now! You inbred trash!||„|
|—Dutch van der Linde|
Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
After arriving back in camp, Arthur learns from Abigail that Jack has disappeared and the gang determines that the Braithwaites took him as revenge for the gang stealing their prized horses. Enraged, Arthur, Dutch, John, and most of the gang ride to Braithwaite Manor to get Jack.
After arriving, Dutch confronts one of the Braithwaites, and a gunfight erupts. After killing most of them, Dutch and Hosea venture inside the manor and find Catherine Braithwaite and her sons hiding in a room, barricaded inside. Outside, the gang then fights off an attack, and Arthur finds a way into the room. After killing two of Catherine's sons, the gang find Catherine and threaten her, demanding Jack's location. They search the house for Jack, but find nothing, and they decide to set the house on fire. Seeing that one of her sons is barely alive, Dutch shoots him to increase Catherine's agony, and he drags her out of her house as the rest of the gang burn the house.
Once outside, she reveals that her sons gave Jack to Angelo Bronte, and the gang decide to not kill her. As they ride off, she runs into her burning home and collapses shortly after entering the building, where she ultimately dies. The gang ride back to camp.
- Upon returning to the burnt out manor, Catherine's body can be found and looted.
- Bartholomew Braithwaite does appear in this mission but his dialogue is labeled as Gareth. Gareth appears with Gerald in the bedroom, where he is shot dead by Arthur. Plus, if you go to loot and or pick up the body, it will be labeled as Bartholomew. This is likely an oversight.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Headshot Gareth and Gerald Braithwaite.
- Get 20 headshots.
- Complete with at least 85% accuracy.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Gerald Braithwaite - Killed by Arthur in their barricaded family bedroom during their search for Catherine.
- Gareth Braithwaite - Killed by Arthur in their barricaded family bedroom during their search for Catherine.
- Bartholomew Braithwaite - Killed by Dutch when the gang invaded the manor.
- Catherine Braithwaite - Died in self-immolation in the manor fire after the interrogation on Jack's whereabouts.
- Braithwaite family members - Killed by the Van der Linde gang after trying to defend the family manor.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assault, kills, or abandons any members of the gang;
- Allows any gang member to be killed;
- Kills their horse;