Bounty Hunters track down dangerous criminals, turning them in dead or alive in return for a reward.
To get started as a Bounty Hunter the player must obtain the Bounty Hunter License in Rhodes. The standard cost is 15 Gold Bars. After that, they will be able to go to any Bounty Posters across the map to start a bounty hunting mission.
Licensed Bounty Hunters can pick up work by visiting bounty boards located near law offices, post offices and train stations across the states. There is no shortage of criminals to be dealt with and they range in difficulty, from lone low-level criminals to notorious outlaws with armed protection details and a watchful eye. Taking on an armed gang or bringing multiple targets to justice is made easier with the help of a Posse, who all will earn a cut. And keep in mind, bringing in targets alive will yield a greater reward.
Eclipsing Bounty Hunter Rank 12 will open up the opportunity to take down other players with high bounties of $20 or more. Bounty Hunters will be notified through an invite about the opportunity to hunt down the wanted player when they’re nearby in a structured pursuit. The wanted player must escape (or surrender) within the allotted time and if captured, they’ll also have opportunities to escape and flee. If the Bounty Hunter brings the target in alive, they’ll receive an award while the criminal serves time.
Bounty Hunter Skills
- Eagle Eye+: Track enemies while sprinting or galloping
- Focus: Targets glow red in Eagle Eye
- Reinforced Lasso: A lasso made with reinforced rope to keep bounties secure
- Reverse Spin: Perform a Reverse Spin with a single pistol or revolver
- Tonics Satchel Upgrade: Store more items in your Tonics Pouch
- Spin Up: Perform a Spin Up with a single pistol or revolver
- Kit Satchel Upgrade: Store more items in your Kit Pouch
- Tracking Arrow Pamphlet: A pamphlet recipe on how to craft Tracking Arrows
- Reverse Spin Up: Perform a Reverse Spin Up with a single pistol or revolver
- Ducking: Duck for protection while on horseback
- Bolas: A thrown weapon, perfect for tangling the legs of bounties
- Bounty Wagon: A wagon for securely retaining bounty targets
- Perception: Receive a notification of bounties from a greater distance
- Alternating Flips: Perform Alternating Flips with a single pistol or revolver
- Dual Gun Spinning: Perform gun spinning tricks with two pistols or revolvers
- ↑ In-game Description.