Events of Red Dead Redemption
In the Liars and Cheats DLC, Broken Tree is one of the four hunting locations available in the Free Roam multiplayer mode. Here, players can hunt for boars, which will come in waves. After all waves have finished, the legendary animal Wilbur the Boar will appear.
- Red Dead Redemption
- The tree with its nearby rock wall and the location of the hidden treasure appears to be a reference to a scene in the film The Shawshank Redemption.
- The general store owner in Blackwater talks of the hidden treasure there.
- The article on the incidents of "Great Men are Not Always Wise" published in The Blackwater Ledger incorrectly states that the shootout at Bearclaw Camp took place here.
- With the help of bait, a bear can appear.
- There is also a policeman who talks of arresting a crazy man talking of treasure by Broken Tree.
- This was the first area that was revealed to be a "Hunting Ground" by Rockstar Games.
- Broken Tree could be a reference to Broken Creek, the location of the Harlow Homestead in Red Dead Revolver.
- A large quantity of Prairie Poppy grow here, which are used for Survivalist Challenges.
- A money chest is located in the middle of the area, a few meters from the tree.
- It is possible that the Broken Tree is all that remains of a forest that had previously existed on the land now known as Great Plains. This is hinted at by Nastas during the mission, "At Home with Dutch".
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.