The Cat is a species of animal found in Red Dead Redemption 2.
The cats in the game appear to be brown/black mackerel tabby in color. Some in-game cats appear to be black silver mackerel tabbies. There is a stocky, a moderate, a slim, and a slim variant. All are shorthair.
In-game, they are referred to as American Domestic Cats. They are sometimes found catching brown rats or small songbirds, or carrying them around.
- The stocky variant looks like the European wildcat (Felis silvestris silvestris), especially with the thicker shape to their tail.
- Although the player is able to Praise and Scold cats similar to Dog, the player is unable to pet cats. This has been lamented by many players and game reviewers alike.
- When the player greets a cat, the cat will stop in their path (if walking), turn and look at the player, meow several times and might even begin purring. If the player scolds a cat, it will run away.
- Unlike Dogs, there is only one breed available for cats.
- The moderate, slim, and thin variants look like the Near Eastern wildcat (Felis silvestris lybica) that originated the domestic cat
- During night, and in the correct lighting situation, cat's tapetum lucidum will show, and their eyes will glow a bright yellow-green.
Study every animal across all states in Story Mode.