The Buck Cattleman Revolver is a good all-around weapon for most situations. It has high fire rate when fired from the hip, and moderate accuracy, damage and range. It can be customized with rifling, a longer barrel and improved iron sights. It often takes 3-4 shots to kill, unless one shot is a headshot.
In both Story mode and Red Dead Online, this revolver is available from the start of the game in the player's inventory. It can also be purchased at all gunsmiths.
- The Cattleman Revolver is based on Colt Model 1873 Single Action Army Revolver
- It is often known as "The Peacemaker".
- This seems to be by far the most widely used weapon among various NPCs, Lawmen and bandits.
- John Marston has his own unique Cattleman Revolver, as well as various other gang members such as Hosea Matthews, Sadie Adler, Kieran Duffy, Sean MacGuire and Lenny Summers who also have their own unique versions.
- The word "cattleman" is a pun on the word "cowboy".
- The Cattleman Revolver is one of two weapons that include a unique modification based on the player’s Honor level, the Hero's Pearl Grip, which will become purchasable at any Gunsmith once the player has +4 Honor or higher (75%+ on the Honor Bar).
- The other is the Gunslinger Ebony Grip for the Double-action Revolver.