Not much is known about Cleet other than at some point before the events of the game, Micah Bell met Cleet somewhere and they became affiliates.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Beaver Hollow Chapter
Cleet and Joe are introduced by Micah in the mission "My Last Boy", as two people that he knows who can help with the upcoming train robbery. Cleet then plays a large role in the gang's last robbery, being one of the few to jump aboard the train, and helps fight off the army with Arthur and Sadie when it begins to attack. After Arthur goes to confront Micah after knowing that he is the traitor, Cleet sides with Dutch and Micah during the standoff. Along with all those who sided with Dutch, he aims a gun at Arthur and John, until the Pinkertons descend upon the camp, with the larger group being the first to flee. Cleet is later seen riding with Dutch, Joe and Micah, attempting to hunt down Arthur and John.
Beecher's Hope Chapter
Cleet and Micah have a falling out in 1907. When Micah murdered a family, Cleet tried to stop him from killing a little girl too. Micah attempted to kill him for his insubordination, so Cleet left the gang and fled to the town of Strawberry. After hearing of his resurfacing, Sadie Adler, along with Charles Smith and John Marston, search for Cleet in order to track down Micah. The three interrogate Cleet, and threaten to hang him if he doesn't talk; he eventually tells them that Micah is hiding out at Mount Hagen and tries to convince them that he is "one of the good guys." John can choose to either hang him or spare him, although he will be shot by Sadie anyway if the player decides to spare him.
Cleet, unlike Micah or Joe, seems to have some sense of moral conscience, and was willing to even stand up to Micah when he tried to kill a little girl, leading to having them fall out. He seems to have a strong sense of self preservation as well, fleeing from Micah's gang and begging for his life when being beaten by John, Charles and Sadie.
|“||The little one with the rat face, then.||„|
|—Sadie Adler describing Cleet.|
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Cleet never speaks during a cutscene; he shares this distinction with Joe, although unlike him, he has several lines in "Our Best Selves" and "American Venom". One of them can be heard saying "Yup" during the opening cutscene of "Red Dead Redemption", although neither man's mouth can be seen moving. Both can also be interacted with around camp, between the missions "My Last Boy" and "Our Best Selves", although they never move past the table near Dutch's tent. They only sit at the table, lay on their nearby bedrolls or occasionally go to the mouth of the cave.
- Although partially obscured by his neckerchief, it can be observed that Cleet has a tattoo on his chest similar to Joe's.
- If the player chooses to not do anything when presented with the choice to kill or spare Cleet, after a while, Sadie will shoot him as if the player had chosen to spare.
- Cleet is one of the few story-relevant characters to share a name with another story-relevant character. Cleet is also the name of the street urchin who steals Arthur's satchel in the quest "The Joys Of Civilization" at the start of Chapter 4.
- If Cleet is antagonised enough, he will shove Arthur, just like Micah, Dutch and Joe.
- He is also briefly mentioned by Joe in Red Dead Online.