|“||Chalk up another one for the Cornet brothers.||„|
|—Jason Cornet, if the player is killed|
The Cornet Brothers are an antagonistic faction featured in Red Dead Revolver.
The Cornet brother Jason Cornet is also playable in Showdown Mode, being unlocked by by completing the mission "Siege" with an Excellent rating or by purchasing the Store Photo from the General Store in Brimstone any time after the mission "Freak Show".
The twelve known Cornet brothers serve as Griffon's secret service agents, protecting the governor and his mansion. Among them, Jason Cornet is the most deadly and therefore the one who sticks the closest to the governor.
Events of Red Dead Revolver
The player first sees Jason Cornet during cutscenes for the mission "Battle Royale". When that mission is complete, the player can talk with him in the saloon. The rest of the brothers, including Jason again, are all encountered during the missions "Siege" and "House of Cards", where they serve as the primary opponents.
The Cornet brothers have a tendency to dodge and roll while attacking, presenting a more difficult target to lock on to. All appear with health bars on the screen and require more damage to defeat than typical enemies. They use various weapons, more often than not Oppressors and shotguns.
- Red Dead Revolver
- "Hell Pass" (ending cutscene - only Oswald and Jay)
- "Battle Royale" (Jason and Oswald)
- "Battle Finale" (Jason and Oswald)
- "Siege" (Brendon, Bryan, Jay, Jerome, Kirk, Oswald, Randy, and Terry)
- "House of Cards" (Jason, Mark, Rhidian, and Russ)
Sheriff Bartlett's Journal
The Cornet Brothers entry is listed in Sheriff Bartlett's Journal on pages 282 - 283 under the Protectors of Brimstone section. The pages are unlocked by purchasing Burned-Out Store from the Brimstone General Store after the mission "The Cemetery". Jason is listed separately in the same section on pages 272 - 273.
|“||These gunslingers weren't in the Battle Royale for nothin', boys.||„|
|—Randy Cornet, facing Annie, Jack, and Red|
|—Jermone, when shot at|
|“||The Governor is offering 5000$ in gold for your head, boy!||„|
|—Rhidian, taunting Red|
- Only seven of the brothers are included in the picture on their journal page.
- It is unknown if they are by any chance related to one another, as Cornet could be just the codename all of them used once they started working for the Governor.
- Most of the Cornet brothers use Jason Cornet's quotes. However, in Showdown Mode Jason Cornet uses Sheriff O'Grady's quotes. Some may even use Jason's selection quote during the gunfight.
- Only Jason and Jermone have their own unique character models.
- According to Cooper's journal page, his gang once fought with the Cornet brothers and he was the sole survivor.