|“||Poker builds character.||„|
|—Davey Callander on poker|
At some point prior to 1899, Davey and his brother Mac joined the Van der Linde gang. Davey appears to have been an avid drinker and poker player, based on various comments from Arthur Morgan and Hosea Matthews.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Davey was shot and mortally wounded during the failed ferry robbery in Blackwater. As the gang flees north into Grizzlies West, Davey barely clings onto life, and passes away shortly after the group reaches Colter. Micah is informed of Davey's death and is regretful, describing him as "a real fighter".
Beaver Hollow Chapter
When Arthur reveals to Charles that he is sick and dying, Charles tells Arthur that he has the chance to make amends, unlike many of the other gang members, including Mac and Davey. He goes on to say that the brothers were a “vicious pair of bastards”, and that's all they ever were and will be.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Davey's grave can be found in Colter, in a small graveyard next to one of the houses. The player can pay their respects to earn the paying respects Achievement/Trophy.
- After the opening cut scene, his body will be marked on the map.
- Lenny and Charles are the only members of the gang to imply any dislike of the Callander brothers. Every other member of the gang, including Hosea, appears to be regretful of their deaths.
- During a poker game with Lenny, Arthur can mention that Davey once said that "ill speaks of the dead" when discussing character development.
- The last name "Callander" implies that Davey and Mac may have Scottish heritage.
- ↑ During poker games Arthur will state that Davey said "Poker builds character."
- ↑ Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego
- ↑ A camp event with Micah and Hosea has Hosea stating he misses Mac and Davey.