The Del Lobo Gang consists of mostly Mexican men who are outlaws, exiles, or opportunists. The dispute between Mexico and America has brought this gang to the town of Thieves' Landing, which they use as their main base. Here, they steal, fight, and often kill people.
Though the gang is mostly comprised of Mexicans, and seem to be in conflict with the US Government over long-standing tensions after the Mexican-American War (somewhat parallel to the Lemoyne Raiders, who are similarly at odds with the government over the Civil War), they appear to allow Americans into their ranks. American members can sometimes be seen throughout New Austin, alongside their Mexican counterparts.
While their main base is the notorious Thieves' Landing, they also operate out of Fort Mercer, a long-abandoned American military base in Río Bravo, the village of Twin Rocks, the old mining settlement known as Gaptooth Breach and the abandoned farm of Solomon's Folly.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Throughout 1899 and 1907, the Del Lobos can be seen terrorizing New Austin with robberies and town raids, while facing very little resistance due to the cholera outbreak and subsequently a lack of law enforcement in the region. Although the Del Lobo Gang are prevalent in Armadillo and rural parts of New Austin, they have a weaker presence in other areas such as Tumbleweed and MacFarlane's Ranch, likely due to them being more established settlements with better law enforcement. Aside from New Austin, there are traces of them in Ambarino, where a group of them are led by Flaco Hernández; appearing in the side mission "The Noblest of Men, and a Woman".
By 1911, they're not seen anywhere in the southern United States nor in northern Mexico, and newer gangs have occupied their former hideouts, suggesting that they have either disbanded, were wiped out or have moved elsewhere.
- Alfredo Montez - Leader until 1898; executed without trial by Marshal Tom Davies.
- Esteban Cortez - Leader until 1907; captured or killed by John Marston.
- Ramon Cortez - Brother of Esteban; captured by Sadie Adler and John Marston.
- Jorge Montez - Brother of Alfredo; killed in a gunfight with Lee and the Red Dead Online protagonist.
- Joaquín Arroyo - Captured by John Marston.
- Flaco Hernández - Famous gunslinger, known as "The Terror of the Grizzlies"; killed in a duel.
- Barbarella Alcazar - Known as "Bandit Queen"; captured or killed by the online protagonist.
- Ricardo Alcazar - Husband of Barbarella; killed at some point before 1898.
- Anselmo - Member of Flaco's posse at Cairn Lodge; either fled or killed.
- Eliseo - Member of Flaco's posse at Cairn Lodge; either fled or killed.
- Jorge - Found drunk at Venter's Place in 1907.
- The Del Lobo Gang in several respects resembles the real-life Five Joaquins Gang. Similarly, it was perceived to have been led by predominantly Mexico-born men who were family members.
- Del Lobo means 'of the wolf' in Spanish.
- They share the name with Del Lobo Rock, a natural land formation.
- A newspaper article mentions how the Del Lobo's terrorize Valentine & Strawberry. While they can be seen assaulting Valentine in Red Dead Online during the story mission Bring a Goddamn Posse, members of the gang can not be encountered in Strawberry.
- Following an Update 1.15, the Del Lobo became the gang with the highest number of hideouts (4 in total).