The Del Lobo Gang consists of mostly Mexican men who are outlaws, exiles, or opportunists. The dispute between Mexico and America has brought this gang to the town of Thieves' Landing, which they use as their main base. Here, they steal, fight, and often kill people.
Though the gang is mostly comprised of Mexicans, and seem to be in conflict with the US Government over long-standing tensions after the Mexican-American War (somewhat parallel to the Lemoyne Raiders, who are similarly at odds with the government over the Civil War), they appear to allow Americans into their ranks. American members can sometimes be seen throughout New Austin, alongside their Mexican counterparts.
While their main base is the notorious Thieves' Landing, they also operate out of Fort Mercer, a long-abandoned American military base in Río Bravo, the village of Twin Rocks, the old mining settlement known as Gaptooth Breach, and the abandoned farm of Solomon's Folly.
Events of Red Dead Online
In 1898, U.S. Marshal Tom Davies enlists the protagonist's help in apprehending one of the Del Lobos' leaders, Alfredo Montez. Davies' associate Lee guides the protagonist and their posse through the woods at Tall Trees, where Alfredo was supposedly spotted. They eventually find who they believe to be Alfredo and his men, whom they kill; however, it soon turns out they actually killed his brother, Jorge Montez.
The protagonists later kill several Del Lobos at a saloon in Van Horn and at a nearby camp in the hopes of finding Alfredo. They eventually capture him after ambushing a convoy that is traveling past Butcher Creek. Alfredo is then imprisoned at the Valentine jail, and the Del Lobos plan to raid the town to liberate him. After executing Alfredo in his cell without trial, Marshal Davies, with help from the protagonists, Sheriff Curtis Malloy, and several citizens, manages to fend off the Del Lobo attack. Not long after, several Del Lobos capture and try to hang Davies and Sheriff Sam Freeman in Tumbleweed, but the protagonists rescue them.
Outside of missions, Del Lobos can sometimes spawn at the gang hideouts around New Austin.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Throughout 1899 and 1907, the Del Lobos can be seen terrorizing New Austin with robberies and town raids, while facing very little resistance due to the cholera outbreak and subsequently a lack of law enforcement in the region. Although the Del Lobo gang are prevalent in Armadillo and rural parts of New Austin, they have a weaker presence in other areas such as Tumbleweed and MacFarlane's Ranch, likely due to them being more established settlements with better law enforcement.
Aside from New Austin, there are traces of them in Ambarino. A particular group led by Flaco Hernández appears at Cairn Lodge in the side mission "The Noblest of Men, and a Woman", where the player engages them in a shootout; all gang members can be killed, although some of them will attempt to flee. Afterward, Hernández challenges the player to a duel, who kills him.
In 1907, John Marston and Sadie Adler capture Ramón Cortez for the bounty on his head. They take him to the Scarlett Meadows Sheriff's Office in Rhodes and, although the Del Lobos manage to break him out, the two track them down and kill them all, save for Cortez, whom they recapture. Cortez is then supposedly taken to Saint Denis to be hanged.
Events of Red Dead Redemption
In 1911, they're not seen anywhere in the southern United States nor in northern Mexico, and newer gangs have occupied their former hideouts, suggesting that they have either disbanded, were wiped out, or have moved elsewhere. However, a similar gang, known only as Banditos occupy parts of Rio Bravo and Nuevo Paraíso.
- Alfredo Montez - Leader until 1898; executed without trial by Marshal Tom Davies.
- Esteban Cortez - Leader until 1907; captured or killed by John Marston.
- Ramón Cortez - Brother of Esteban; captured by Sadie Adler and John Marston and presumably hanged shortly thereafter.
- Jorge Montez - Brother of Alfredo; killed in a gunfight with Lee and the Red Dead Online protagonist.
- Joaquín Arroyo - Captured by John Marston.
- Flaco Hernández - Famous gunslinger, known as "The Terror of the Grizzlies"; killed in a duel by either Arthur Morgan or John Marston.
- Anselmo - Member of Flaco's posse at Cairn Lodge; either fled or killed.
- Eliseo - Member of Flaco's posse at Cairn Lodge; either fled or killed.
- Barbarella Alcazar - Infamous outlaw, known as the "Bandit Queen"; captured or killed by the Online protagonist.
- Ricardo Alcazar - Husband of Barbarella; killed at some point before 1898.
- Carmella Montez - Cousin of Alfredo and Jorge, known as "La Muñeca"; captured or killed by the Online protagonist.
- Jorge - Found drunk at Venter's Place in 1907.
- Marco - Found drunk at Venter's Place in 1907.
- Hideout: Gaptooth Breach
- Hideout: Fort Mercer
- Hideout: Solomon's Folly
- Hideout: Thieves' Landing
- Hideout: Twin Rocks
- Abandoned military base in Río Bravo
- Cairn Lodge (in "The Noblest of Men, and a Woman")
- Swadbass Point in Tall Trees (Red Dead Online; temporarily in "Where Your Morals Lead You")
- Van Horn Trading Post (Red Dead Online; temporarily in "Highly Illegal And Highly Moral")
- Dewberry Creek, near the Old Greenbank Mill (temporarily in "A Quick Favor for an Old Friend")
- Northwest of Van Horn (Red Dead Online; temporarily in "Highly Illegal And Highly Moral")
- Northwest of Fort Mercer (Red Dead Online)
- Jorge's Gap, southwest of Armadillo (Red Dead Online)
- Rattlesnake Hollow, northwest of Armadillo (Red Dead Online)
- Sea of Coronado (Red Dead Online)
Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Online
- "Where Your Morals Lead You"
- "Highly Illegal And Highly Moral"
- "Bring a Goddamn Posse"
- "The Hanging Of Tom Davies"
- Bounty Hunting
- The Del Lobo Gang in several respects resembles the real-life Five Joaquins Gang. Similarly, it was perceived to have been led by predominantly Mexico-born men who were family members.
- Del Lobo means 'of the wolf' in Spanish.
- They share the name with Del Lobo Rock, a natural land formation.
- A newspaper article mentions how Del Lobos terrorize Valentine and Strawberry. While they can be seen assaulting Valentine in Red Dead Online during the story mission "Bring a Goddamn Posse", members of the gang can not be encountered near Strawberry.
- The Del Lobos are the most widespread gang featured in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Online, as they appear to have a presence in all five states. They are most common in New Austin, but also appear in Ambarino (in "The Noblest of Men, and a Woman"), Lemoyne (in "A Quick Favor for an Old Friend"), West Elizabeth (in "Where Your Morals Lead You"), and New Hanover (in "Highly Illegal And Highly Moral" and "Bring a Goddamn Posse").
- Following Update 1.15, the Del Lobos became the gang with the highest number of hideouts (4 in total; 5 with the Ultimate/Special Edition).
- A random conversation can be heard between Del Lobo members where some of them are thinking of heading back to Mexico and possibly working for the army, while some would opt to stay in the US.