The D.D. Packenbush Double-action Revolver is a fast-firing weapon with relatively low damage. The advanced mechanism prevents the need to cock, at the cost of a heavy trigger pull and lower accuracy. The quick-fire rate makes this a good choice for mounted combat. This gun has an ammo capacity of six rounds and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express, and Explosive revolver ammo.
It can also be obtained in regular gameplay or during the Homestead Robbery offered by Sean MacGuire (also in Chapter 3) in Lonnie's Shack, where it is found in a gun case hidden under one of the bunk beds. It should be noted that if one is acquired during regular gameplay, another will spawn during the homestead robbery. Additionally, the player can acquire a second Double-action from the boastful dueler random encounter in Rhodes, if they already own one.
If one has completed the Treasure Hunt and the corresponding challenge in GTA Online, a pre-modified golden Double-action Revolver will be added to the player's inventory in story mode following the completion of Chapter 1. Additionally, gold metal customization and pearl grips will be available for purchase from any gunsmith.
In Online, the revolver can also be purchased from any gunsmith or from the handheld catalogue that the Online protagonist carries on-hand.
Components & Styles
|Gunslinger Ebony Grip
(Available to players at Honor Rank -4 or lower)
|Iron Sights||Cost ($)|
|Metals||Options - Cost ($)|
|Component||Iron||Nickel||Blued Steel||Blackened Steel||Browned Steel||Nickel||Silver||Gold|
(Applicable to the Barrel, Cylinder and Frame each)
|Grip Customzations||Option||Cost ($)|
(Unavailable for the Gunslinger Ebony Grips)
(Only available for Basic Grips or Ironwood Grips)
- The weapon is based on the Model 1892 Army & Navy Revolver.
- If the player has an Honor rank of -4 or lower (25% or less on the Honor bar), a unique Gunslinger Ebony grip becomes available for this weapon, obtainable from any Gunsmith.
- The player may also be able to purchase this grip with the corresponding amount of high Honor, likely as a result of an oversight.
- This weapon is the sidearm of choice for Javier Escuella. His version is silver-plated with black engravings and has a black grip embellished with silver carvings. Additionally, its barrel is slightly longer than that of the regular Double-action Revolver and it makes its own distinct sound.
- Dutch van der Linde uses a pair of these while he is in Guarma.
- Micah Bell's signature weapon is a pair of customized Double-action Revolvers.
- The only way to unlock the Gold metal finish and pearl grip customizations in story mode is to complete a scavenger hunt in Grand Theft Auto Online, which was added by said game's Doomsday Heist DLC. The Gold metal finish and pearl grips along with Baroque engravings for this revolver are not available in Red Dead Online.
- This is the only sidearm where the loaded rounds can be seen in first-person view. Regardless of how many rounds are fired, it will always show unfired cartridges, but if less than six rounds are loaded the empty chambers can be seen.