Red Dead Redemption 2
The D.D. Packenbush Double-action Revolver is a fast-firing weapon with relatively low damage. The advanced mechanism prevents the need to cock, at the cost of a heavy trigger pull and lower accuracy. The quick fire rate makes this a good choice for mounted combat. This gun has an ammo capacity of six rounds, and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express and Explosive revolver ammo.
The Double-action Revolver may be purchased from all gunsmiths in Chapter 3, after "A Strange Kindness".
The player can also obtain one during the Home Robbery offered by Sean (also in Chapter 3), where it is found in a gun case hidden under one of the bunk beds in Lonnie's Shack.
- The weapon is based on the Colt Model 1892 Army & Navy Revolver.
- If the player’s Honor is high enough, they can acquire a “Gunslinger Ebony” grip for this weapon.
- This weapon is the sidearm of choice for Javier Escuella. His version is silver-plated with black engravings, and a black grip embellished with silver carvings. Additionally, its barrel is slightly longer than that of the regular Double-action Revolver and it makes its own distinct sound.
- Dutch van der Linde uses a pair of these while he is in Guarma.
- Micah Bell's signature weapon is a pair of customised Double-action Revolvers.
- The only way to unlock the Gold customisation is to complete a scavenger hunt in GTA Online added by that game's "Doomsday Heist" DLC.