D.D. Packenbush's Double-Barreled Shotgun is the trailblazer's choice. Powerful and deadly at close range, this gun is capable of firing off two shots in quick succession, dropping nearly any target instantly. This gun has an ammo capacity of two rounds, and can use Regular Buckshot, Incendiary Buckshot, Slug and Explosive Slug shotgun ammo.
This shotgun is available from all gunsmiths. It can also be picked up at the end of the mission "Paying a Social Call". It can also be found in Algie Davison's house in Catfish Jacksons, or looted from the Hermit Woman.
In Red Dead Online, the shotgun becomes available for purchase after reaching Rank 30.
- The Double-barreled Shotgun is based on the real world Colt Model 1878 Hammer Shotgun.
- Multiple NPCs and gang members may use this shotgun.
- It is possible for the player to store two Double-barreled shotguns on their horse.
- Uncle has a custom version with blackened steel.
- During "Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten", Arthur will be tossed a Double-barreled shotgun by another gang member to shoot open the back door of Angelo Bronte's manor. This shotgun will replace any other longarm that Arthur has equipped.