|“||His mother, Eliza, was a waitress I met. When she got pregnant... she knew who I was, what my life was. I didn't wanna promise nothing I couldn't keep, but... I said I'd do right by them. Every few months I'd stop by there for a few days.||„|
|—Arthur Morgan to Rains Fall
Eliza was a young waitress who met Arthur Morgan at some point in his past. Following a sexual encounter between the two, Arthur got Eliza pregnant with their son, Isaac. As Eliza took to raising Isaac on her own, Arthur did not want to promise support he couldn't give them, but he offered any help he could regardless. Eliza knew who Arthur was and what he did for a living, but had accepted his help and involvement in their lives. Arthur would visit Eliza and their son every few months and would stay with them for days at a time. Arthur described Isaac as a "good kid", and remembers Eliza fondly, also noting she was young when she had Isaac.
One day, on a visit, Arthur found two wooden crosses buried into the ground outside of the home and realized that Eliza and Isaac were dead; he learned that they were robbed and murdered for ten dollars. Arthur never fully coped with their deaths, and the incident had a profound impact on Arthur's loyalty to the Van der Linde gang, viewing them more as family and holding disdain for John Marston for leaving them (including his own would-be wife and son) for a full year.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Arthur mentions Eliza when conversing with Rains Fall, voicing his concerns of Dutch van der Linde's interest in the tensions of the Wapiti Indian reservation and the US Army, particularly the involvement of Rains Falls' own son, Eagle Flies.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- "Archeology for Beginners" (mentioned)
- Some voice lines that were cut from the game reveal that a girl named Eliza was originally intended to have appeared in Red Dead Redemption 2 as a member of the Van der Linde gang. She is mentioned by Arthur, John, Abigail, and Susan, and had some of her own lines as well.
- In Edmund Lowry Jr.’s basement there is a poster of missing a woman called Eliza Bloom.
- A character who was intended to be Leon Fuentes' niece was intended to appear in cut mission set in Guarma had the same character model, as shown in the mission screen.
- Additionally, one of the prostitutes who can give Arthur/John a luxury bath at the Saints Hotel in Valentine uses Eliza's character model.