|“||Never thought I'd say this, but it's good to see you, Arthur Morgan.||„|
Enter, Pursued by a Memory is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Abigail Roberts is concerned with the safety of John Marston, who hasn't been seen in days since going on a scouting mission. She asks Arthur and Javier to find him.
Arthur and Javier ride together, and soon Javier spots a camp in the distance and speeds up. After riding for a while, the pair come across John's horse, frozen to death. Javier fires his gun to see if John hears, and in the distance, he can be heard calling out for help.
Arthur and Javier leave their horses and continue on foot, climbing around several ledges. They find John injured and bloody and carry him back to the horses, being attacked by three wolves, which Arthur kills, on the way.
As Javier and Arthur ride back down, Javier spots another group of wolves and spurs his horse into a gallop. Arthur kills the wolves, and there are no more wolf attacks for the rest of the journey. Upon arriving at the gang's camp, John is carried inside whilst Abigail berates him.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Kill all the wolves without taking any damage.
- Complete with at least 80% accuracy.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assault, kills, or abandons Javier
- Assault, kills, or abandons John
- Allows Javier or John to be killed
- Kills or abandons their horse
- After complete this mission, players now can walk around in the camp. Though they still cannot stray too far.
- While scaling the mountain, Arthur's stamina core will deplete, prompting the player to access the satchel. If one refrains from using provisions, a quick scene will play where Javier gives Arthur a swig of Kentucky bourbon.
- The iconic scars on John Marston's face are a product of the wolf scratches he got prior to this mission.
- The title is a reference to Shakespeare's 1623 play The Winter's Tale, which famously includes the stage direction "Exit, pursued by a bear" for the character Antigonus. The same reference is used for the mission "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" - in this case with the character actually being chased by a large bear.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophies/Achievements:
Complete Enter, Pursued by a Memory.
Earn 70 Gold Medals in Story missions.
Attain 100% Completion.
|Red Dead Redemption 2 mission walkthroughs|
|Chapter 1: Colter|
|"Outlaws from the West" • "Enter, Pursued by a Memory" • "The Aftermath of Genesis" • "Old Friends" • "Who the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall?" • "Eastward Bound"|
|Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Epilogue, Part 1 • Epilogue, Part 2|