|“||Hey, what the hell'd you want here?||„|
|—Wegner antagonizing the player|
Eugene Wegner is the owner of Emerald Ranch. He has a daughter named Miriam Wegner, who can be seen looking through the upstairs window. It is known that his daughter had a relationship with a local ranch hand, Joshua Burgess, however after Joshua died of "accidental shooting," Miriam was confined inside the family house, and as a result, she is never seen outside.
Eugene can otherwise always be found near or on the front porch of the main house where he will respond with hostility if the player approaches too close. He can also be found loitering around the corral or near the Fence where he will be friendly and will greet the player.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- "The Spines of America" (mentioned)
- According to Hosea, Seamus is afraid of Wegner.
- Wegner is seemingly unaware that Seamus runs a fence as a side business inside his property, as evidenced when Seamus says to the player: "not a word to Wegner". Even if he is nearby while Seamus accepts a wagon the player stole into his own barn, he will not suspect anything.
- The player can encounter a man at a campfire, who will tell them about the shenanigans of the ranch. The man also suspects Wegner to have killed Joshua Burgess.
- The player can also come across a woman in Cumberland Forest who will ask for a ride to the ranch. The woman refers to the ranch as a strange place and expresses dislike for Wegner.