|Color||Black, brown and dark gray|
|Location||Anywhere in Nuevo Paraiso or Tall Trees|
Famine attracts a swarm of locusts, which follow it when it travels. It also has unlimited stamina like all of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse.
Famine is the fastest of the horses of the Apocalypse. This is more noticeable when traveling off-road. Caution: feeding horse pills to Famine will negate his infinite stamina. Famine is generally easy to find since it is usually near where the player first enters Mexico.
Famine is located anywhere in Nuevo Paraíso.
- West of the town Torquemada.
- Between Torquemada and Diez Coronas.
- In the pastures around Roca de Madera.
- Near Sepulcro.
- East of Chuparosa.
- Northeast of Escalera.
- West of Casa Madrugada.
- North of Chuparosa.
- South of Chuparosa, near Ojo del Diablo.
- In Sidewinder Gulch.
- On the cliffs above Casa Madrugada.
- Near the location of the fourth treasure of the Undead Treasure Hunter challenges.
- Towards the center of Tall Trees.
- If Famine falls in a river or large body of water he will disappear and can no longer be summoned.
- The third rider of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse rides the black horse, Famine. Famine's role is to destroy Earth's crops by way of locusts.
- When encountering Famine for the first time near Perdido (and sometimes El Presidio), it is possible to encounter a glitch in which Famine will permanently disappear if not tamed. This has been reported to happen on many occasions. Another possibility reported that the horse could still appear, but the player may no longer receive alerts that a mythical creature has appeared in the area.
- After Famine dies, the locusts which surround his body will leave.
- Famine's locusts do not appear in cutscenes.
- When playing as Undead Marston, Famine will spawn without his locusts and steer south. This only happens when summoned via blood pact.
- The message received after acquiring this horse was originally "This horse is the fastest of all horses."
- Famine's locusts have the sound of a swarm of flies rather than the sound of locusts.
- Famine almost looks like a skinny version of the War Horse under heavy lighting.
- When taming, Famine can sometimes immediately buck you off as soon as you mount him and the game won't allow you to ride him. This is a bug.