Fences are special non-player characters in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online that not only sell items to players, but also purchase ill-gotten goods. Two specialty fences are the Wagon fence, who will pay players for stolen wagons, and the Horse fence, who will pay players for stolen horses.
|Rhodes||Rhodes Fence||Unnamed Male||To the north of the town center|
|Van Horn Trading Post||Silas Crawford Wholesale & Retail||Silas Crawford|
|Saint Denis||Saint Denis Pawnbroker||Two Unnamed Frenchmen||At the Saint Denis Market in the east of the city|
|Emerald Ranch||Wagon Fence||Seamus||Trades with wagons and deals with usual transactions|
|Clemens Cove||Horse Fence - Davies Brothers Superior Livestock Dealers||Clay and Clive Davies||Only trades with horses|
|Thieves' Landing||River Traders Pawn Shop||Unnamed Del Lobo||Only in Red Dead Online|
In addition to selling weapons, documents, kits, masks, provisions, and satchels, fences will also craft trinkets and talismans for players who provide the necessary components, for a price. The below table details these crafted items.
The amount Seamus the Wagon Fence, pays to the player varies on the type of wagon.
*: Seamus will not accept this wagon or stagecoach.
|Horse Fence pays % of "base value"|
|Bond level 0||Bond level 1||Bond level 2||Bond level 3||Bond level 4|
- There are no fences in West Elizabeth and the one in New Austin is only available in Red Dead Online.
- However, both the horse and wagon fences are unavailable in Online mode.
- Every time the player delivers a wagon to the fence their horse will be teleported next to the hitching post, even if it has been out of the whistling range.
- Seamus will always pay a sum of $15 for receiving a buggy, no matter the condition of it.
- Hilariously, Seamus will also buy wagons, and carriages that are still partially on fire, and have dead bodies in them. Due to the fact that he has no unique dialogue for this, and that the payment he gives doesn't usually go down, this is most likely due to a developer oversight, or a glitch.
- Oddly, a carriage, or wagon with a team of four horses is worth no more than a carriage, or wagon with just two. Because of this, it is advised to go the horse fence first and sell two of the horses there before selling the carriage, or wagon to Seamus since this is much more profitable.
- While playing as John, the player can buy new satchels at any fence instead of having to craft them, as the player loses access to Pearson in the epilogue. This way has the advantage to not require crafting materials.