Fences are special non-player characters in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online that not only sell items to players, but also purchase ill-gotten goods. Two specialty fences are the Wagon fence, who will pay players for stolen wagons, and the Horse fence, who will pay players for stolen horses.
- Rhodes, to the north of the town center
- Van Horn Trading Post
- Saint Denis, east side
- The Wagon fence, located at the Emerald Ranch, is unlocked after completing "The Spines of America", along with the other general fences.
- The Horse fence, located north of Clemens Point, is unlocked after completing "Horse Flesh for Dinner".
- Thieves Landing (only in Red Dead Online)
In addition to selling weapons, documents, kits, masks, provisions, and satchels, fences will also craft trinkets and talismans for players who provide the necessary components, for a price. The below table details these crafted items.
Seamus, the Wagon Fence, pays different amounts for different types of wagons.
|Horse Fence pays % of "base value"|
|Bond level 0||Bond level 1||Bond level 2||Bond level 3||Bond level 4|
- While playing as John, the player can buy new satchels at any fence instead of crafting them, as the player losses access to Pearson in the epilogue.