In 1881, the man was a normal young man who lived with his family. His father gave him a shotgun and started taking him hunting, but the young man found he did not enjoy it and was upset by the sight of a bird he killed. Eventually, he decided to leave his family and stayed out in the wilderness on his own. In January 1882, the man found a group of wolf pups, who seemed to form an attachment to him.
Sometime between 1882 and 1899, the man began to live with the wolves and became feral - mimicking the actions of a wolf and howling like one too. He also began to refrain from wearing clothes and only uses a knife to hunt.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
The player can encounter him three times. In the first and second encounter, he is running through the woods and howling in the forests of Roanoke Ridge, especially near the site of the Old Tomb. For the third encounter, he can be tracked back to his cave, where he will set his wolves on the player; if the wolves are killed, he will attack the protagonist on sight. A journal can be found in the cave, detailing his backstory and showing the lead up to how he became feral and mad.
- Wild Man's Journal
- He cannot be looted since he is not wearing any clothes.
- The player loses Honor if they kill the feral man's wolves.
- Due to him always being near a wolf and always running away once noticed, it can be difficult to get to him if the player is riding a horse.
- It is impossible to track him down on the first encounter due to him despawning as soon as the wolves attack the player.
- He cannot be killed with Fire Bottles.