Flat Iron Lake is a large lake located on the eastern borders of the Great Plains region of the West Elizabeth territory.
The lake serves as the game area's eastern border in Red Dead Redemption. The San Luis River flows out from Flat Iron Lake.
In Red Dead Redemption 2, it is located at the center of the five American territories, bordering West Elizabeth, New Hanover and Lemoyne.
Three states have borders on the lake: Big Valley and Great Plains of West Elizabeth to the west, The Heartlands of New Hanover to the north, and Scarlett Meadows of Lemoyne to the east. The Lannahechee River, Upper Montana River, and Dakota River all empty into the lake, which then flows into the San Luis River to the west.
- John Marston arrives in Blackwater at the start of Redemption by using the Morningstar to get across the lake.
- In Redemption, if the player looks across the lake from Blackwater, they can see that Nuevo Paraíso and Lemoyne appear to border each other. This is not the case in Redemption 2.
- In Red Dead Redemption, this location does not count toward 100% Completion.
- In Red Dead Redemption 2, players can find the Tricorn Hat inside the shipwreck in the cove. A lockbox there also contains Aged Pirate Rum.
- As of the PC release/1.15 update, the Cat Eye Trinket can be found on southernmost island.