The fort was abandoned at some point and only its wooden structures remain partially intact. Several dilapidated tepees sit within the decaying walls and a mass gravesite is located adjacent on the lower portion of the hill.
Events of Red Dead Online
The fort is the location of Yukon Nik, a legendary bounty target.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
During the game, the player can meet with a drunk stranger. If the player gives the stranger a bottle of whiskey, the stranger will then tell the player his story.
The stranger is a U.S. Army veteran who used to be stationed at Fort Riggs. He tells the player that a lot of Native Americans were suppressed and held in captivity in the Fort. He also states the U.S. Army ended up killing a lot of Indians in the Fort.
In the central building of the fort, players can find a letter that contains the correct spelling of a variety of English words. This is code when one takes the first letter of each word, the following poem emerges:
Waziya comes with winter breath
His trees stand guard whispering all night that we sleep in our grave
Father fought and died so quickly
Mother dies slow
|To be added.|
- In Red Dead Online, when used as a gang hideout, Lemoyne Raiders can often spawn as the enemies.
- It is also the hideout of bounty target Yukon Nik.
- The in-game Location HUD displays its name as "FT Riggs Holding Camp".
- Waziya, as referred to in the cryptic message, is a figure in Lakota mythology that takes the form of a giant bringing famine and disease.
- The cheat code "RUN! RUN! RUN!" can be found written on a chalkboard in the main building.