|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
Gainful Employment is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
John finds Sadie in the Smithfield's Saloon, in a quarrel with two other patrons who are harassing her. One of the patrons named Bubba continues to antagonize Sadie. Sadie stabs Bubba through the hand on the table and smashes a glass cup at the other man named Jeb. John intervenes and threatens them to leave before she "kills us all."
The pair reminisce and discuss John's not-so-secret escapades. Sadie informs John of a bounty on a banker named Nathan Kirk who embezzled money from a bank he worked for in New York and is currently holed up somewhere near Strawberry.
On the ride to Strawberry, Sadie discusses a possible lead on Micah and John's failed plans to strike it rich.
John and Sadie hone in on the welcome center and locate Nathan. On John's entering of his hotel room, Nathan jumps over the balcony and escapes via horse. Sadie and John follow in pursuit. John captures and hogties Nathan. Nathan claims he is innocent and that his wife made him embezzle money from the bank.
With Nathan stowed on Sadie's horse, the two talk of payment and future opportunities. John will either opt to abstain from accepting payment until after he acquires a loan from the West Elizabeth Co-Operative Bank or tell Sadie to send the money to the bank if he already acquired the loan prior to doing this mission.
Gold Medal Objectives
- After arriving in Strawberry, locate the bounty within 30 seconds.
- After mounting your horse, catch and hogtie the bounty within 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- It is possible to catch up with Sadie when she rides off after the mission is complete. She will never stop unless John gets attacked riding next to her, which may trigger a glitch for Sadie to become a companion in free roam despite having Nathan Kirk on horseback.
- The mission picture show that Nathan Kirk had more hair instead of being bald.
- Even if the mission "The Landowning Classes" is played before this one, John will still tell Sadie in the first cutscene that he is looking forward to buy the lands of Beecher's Hope. However, dialogue during the mission shall change depending on which mission was completed first, with John complaining to Sadie about meeting Uncle again if he already bought the land.