| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
|Description||Earn a Gold Medal Rank for a combat mission in Single Player.|
|Gamer Score||25 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Bronze bronze|
Earn a Gold Medal Rank for a combat mission in Single Player.
Tips and Tricks
- If the player has not unlocked this achievement after completing the main story, you can replay the missions by going to Stats -> Missions, and selecting Replay.
- The shortest and easiest way to get this achievement is to replay the mission "Political Realities in Armadillo". This is probably the easiest combat mission, simply because there are only 5 enemies to kill (Walton is optional, as he can either be killed or captured via a shot to the leg). To get the gold medal, the player must beat the mission in under 2 minutes and 30 seconds (2.30 on the dot will not grant the achievement) and get 100% shot accuracy, making at least 5 headshots.
- The requirements stack. So if you manage to get the 5 headshots and 100% accuracy but were over the time limit, beat the time requirement on another try. Dead Eye helps a lot with getting the 5 headshots. To beat the time limit, skip all cutscenes, run to the saloon and don't wait for the Marshal to catch up, then kill Walton.
- Another mission that is very easy is "Lucky in Love". The requirements are 100% accuracy, 5 headshots, and completion in under 2 minutes and 30 seconds. The key is to go all-in on the poker bets and to take 1 shot per duel. Place a well-aimed headshot for Andreas Müller and for The Stranger. Aim to the left part of his head. It will automatically take the shot after it is placed.
- Gold Medals can be earned over multiple mission replays. For one replay, focus on running the mission as quickly as possible – skip the cutscenes, run ahead of friendlies to the mission objectives. On other playthroughs, make sure every shot hits for accuracy and take some time lining up headshots.
- Another good mission is "Spare the Love, Spoil the Child" by killing the bear with 1 headshot (use a Buffalo Rifle or a Semi-Auto Shotgun). However, this mission is not recommended for everyone because the time it takes to ride on horseback to Jack varies from player to player and can eat up a lot of time.
- Another easy way is to do the "Old Swindler Blues" mission for Nigel West Dickens With only headshots and 100% accuracy and as fast as possible
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.