Good, Honest, Snake Oil is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Following Uncle's advice, Arthur enters the sheriff's office in Valentine. He speaks with Sheriff Malloy, who points out a wanted poster on the wall for Benedict Allbright, a snake oil salesman who is engaged in quackery. His medicine is killing people, and Arthur is asked to bring him in alive. After finding Allbright, Allbright is initially suspicious that Arthur is a bounty hunter. Arthur pretends he is looking for medicine for his sick mother, and after being handed the medicine, he throws it in the water and aims his revolver at Allbright. Allbright claims he is a healer and can speak to spirits, and refuses to come in.
Arthur is forced to save his life after he nearly falls off the cliff, but Allbright is dismayed that Arthur still intends to bring him in. Allbright jumps into the water below, but gets caught in the current (if Arthur fails to pull him back up onto the cliff, he will fall into the river without the intervening cutscene). Arthur chases after him, and eventually catches him with his lasso, hogtying him. He transports Allbright to the sheriff's office, and collects the bounty.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Stop Benedict Allbright falling off the cliff.
- Hogtie Allbright within 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Return Allbright to the sheriff within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Allbright resembles Nigel West Dickens, another snake oil salesman from Red Dead Redemption. Both men dress sharply, sell snake oil, and claim to be medical men and healers, but are in fact charlatans who engage in quackery. The only difference is that West Dicken's Elixir doesn't kill people, while Allbright's medicine does.
- This is the only bounty mission that cannot be done by John Marston.
Completing this Honor story mission is associated with these trophies/achievements:
Reach maximum or minimum Honor level.
Complete all optional Honor story missions.
Earn 70 Gold Medals in Story missions.
Attain 100% Completion.