| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
Have Gun Will Travel
|Description||Complete all Hideouts in a single public Free Roam session.|
|Gamer Score||20 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Silver silver|
Complete all Hideouts in a single public Free Roam session.
While in Free Roam, the player must complete all Gang Hideouts that came with the original game (hideouts added by Liars and Cheats or other DLC are not required for this trophy/achievement). The full list of hideouts that need to be completed is:
- Hideouts in New Austin
- Hideouts in Nuevo Paraiso
Tips and Tricks
- Complete the hideouts in either a clockwise or counterclockwise direction as they appear on the map to save time.
- The player does not need to start each hideout to get credit - if a player joins a hideout already in progress and completes it, that will count.
- If the player has unlocked the Lawbringer Challenges, doing the hideouts in the order of these challenges will help kill two birds with one stone.
- Going into the Outfitter will not stop this trophy/achievement.
- Despite the "public" requirement in the description, players can complete some of the hideouts in a private match and then join a public match to finish the final hideout.
- (PS3/Xbox) Despite the description, it is not necessary to complete all hideouts in one free roam session. As long as the player does not disconnect from multiplayer altogether, the hideouts can be played under different free roam sessions.
- This achievement can be earned in Friendly Free Roam, allowing the player to complete the hideouts without the danger of being hindered by aggressive players.
- The name of the achievement is a reference to a popular Western television series, Have Gun - Will Travel, that aired on CBS between 1957 and 1963.
- This achievement can be irritating if you have a bad internet connection because you must stay on the same session for a long time.
Another achievement involving hideouts can be worked on at the same time:
Get 10 assists in a single hideout in a public Free Roam session.