|Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
Hit the Trail
|Description||Get from Blackwater to Escalera before sundown in a public Free Roam session.|
|Gamer Score||10 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Bronze bronze|
Tips and Tricks
- This achievement requires the player cross the entire length of the gameplay map. Blackwater is located in the extreme north-east corner of the gameplay map, in the Great Plains region of the West Elizabeth territory. Conversely, Escalera is located in the extreme south-west corner of the map, in the Punta Orgullo region of the Nuevo Paraiso territory.
- Notably, this must be completed in a public Free Roam session. Obstacles could include antagonistic players or posses, so it is vital to ensure the cooperation of all players within the session. Playing in a public Friendly Free Roam session is recommended to reduce the issue of attacks from other players.
- Sunrise = 6AM, Sunset = 6PM
- Go to Blackwater, go to the map and place a waypoint at Escalera. Wait until at least 6AM to leave (leave no later than noon). Then just follow the trail, or for a straighter route, take the very first railroad bridge to Mexico.
- Death has no impact on completing this trophy.
- Occasionally the trophy may not register if waiting at Blackwater until 6AM and then leaving for the trip. Re-entering Blackwater after 6AM and then leaving should work.
- It will take approximately 3–6 hours in game time (~8 actual minutes).
- It helps if the player is high in rank where faster horses are available.
- There is a bug/glitch for this achievement: if players who are in Blackwater join a posse and transport to a leader in Escalera, when arriving will earn the achievement/trophy.
- This achievement can't be completed in a private free roam session.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.