|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
Home of the Gentry? is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
After speaking to Ansel Atherton about purchasing Beecher's Hope in Blackwater, he tells John that with David Geddes vouching for him it shouldn't be a problem, but the conditions for his loan are going to be heavily in the bank's favor given his circumstances. Atherton asks John to head out to the ranch and deal with squatters there who have been causing problems for his bank whilst he prepares the paperwork for John's loan. Arriving at the ranch, John approaches the only structure there, a decrepit shack, and is greeted by one of the squatters.
The squatters ask John what he is doing on their land, and John tells them that he is buying the land from the bank, and that they need to leave. The squatters dismiss his claim to the land, asking if he owns it, how come they are living there.
John pays the squatters to leave: Telling them to take some money and try to find somewhere else to live, John throws the squatters $10, and they leave Beecher's Hope peacefully.
John kills the squatters: John attempts to intimidate the squatters into leaving, and they refuse, drawing their weapons. John then kills all three squatters.
After dealing with the squatters, John returns to Blackwater to speak with Atherton, who has finished preparing the paperwork for John. Signing it, John receives his loan and purchases Beecher's Hope from the bank. After exiting the bank John meets Uncle in the street, and the pair ride out to the ranch. After hearing what happened between John and Abigail Uncle decides he's helping John build up the ranch, whether he wants his help or not.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Complete within 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills, or abandons Uncle;
- Kills Uncle’s mount;
- Alerts the law;
- Kills their horse;
- Three Squatters (optional) - Killed by John Marston
- If the player goes to the bank at night, John will peek inside a window into the bank but nobody is there. He then sits on a bench and sleeps while waiting for the bank to open.
- If the player deals with the squatters at night, as John is returning to the bank, it automatically turns into daytime.
- Uncle can follow the player anywhere until you arrive at Beecher’s Hope and can even dismount his horse to follow the player but will not mount the same horse as the player. Occasionally, a new Appaloosa will spawn and he will mount it.