|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
The three make their way to the south side of Braithwaite Manor, where they a stopped by a guard. John lies that the group are there to make a large investment in the stables, which convinces the guard to allow them access to the grounds.
At the stable, Arthur approaches the stablehand and questions him about the valuable horses. At first, the groom pretends to be confused, acting as if he does not know about the horses. However, Arthur persuades the stableman and he agrees to escort the trio to them.
The stablehand speaks about the horses, detailing their names and history. During his speech, Arthur quietly grabs the groom, wraps his arms around his throat and strangles the stablehand to his death.
The three equip their bandanas while Javier tethers the three horses together, mounting the one at the front.
With John leading the way and Arthur bringing up the rear, the group fights their way out of the grounds. One of the stallions manages to break the tether and escape, but Arthur is quick to lasso it back.
The three traverse the open fields of Scarlett Meadows as they make their way to meet with a horse fence named Clay Davies at Clemens Cove. The trio sells the prized steeds for only $700, a small fraction of the amount of money they were promised.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Kill the stable hand showing you the horses.
- Catch the stallion within 30 seconds.
- Get 5 headshots.
- Braithwaite Manor stablehand (optional) - can be killed by either Arthur, John or Javier.
- Numerous Braithwaite guards - shot and killed by Arthur, John and Javier.
- When talking to Tavish Gray, Arthur mentions that they met his son, the sheriff, referring to Leigh Gray. This cannot be true, however, as Beau Gray mentions that the two are brothers, not father and son. This is most likely a developer oversight.
- Before Arthur talks to Clay, the player can bond with one of the horses by brushing them and feeding them. After the mission, they will appear on the mini map and will remain at the spot close to Clay and Clive. This makes it possible to obtain the Black Arabian, and the Dark Bay Turkoman prior to the chapters in which they are supposed to become available.
- If the player decides to dismount their horse at the beginning of the mission and talk to Tavish Gray, an additional dialogue can be heard: They can either greet or antagonize Gray. If the player chooses to antagonize him Arthur will mockingly tell Gray that he seems to want to play them (Arthur, John and Javier) for fools telling them that someone would pay them $5000 for stolen horses. If the player greets Gray, Arthur will just thank him for entrusting him with the task of procuring the Braithwaite horses.
- Depending on whether the player starts the mission before or after the mission in which Arthur and Sean burn the tobacco fields Arthur's conversation with the guard at the entrance of Caliga Hall, John's conversation with Tavish Gray and the conversation of Arthur, John and Javier upon riding away from Caliga Hall will alter: If the burning down of the tobacco crops has already taken place by the time the player starts this mission Arthur upon arriving at Caliga Hall will tell the guards at the entrance that they seem nervous to which they will respond by explaining that they have had some "trouble", at the stable Tavish Gray can be overheard by the player telling Javier and John that he is suspicious due to the burning down of his fields to which John ensures that he and his associates had nothing to do with that and that he prefers smoking tobacco over burning it, and upon riding away from the estate Arthur discloses to John and Javier (who were unaware of that until that point) that he and Sean were the ones that burnt down the Grays' fields, remarking that the task of burning down rich peoples' property made Sean happy "like a pig in shit".