Horsemen, Apocalypses is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Dutch asks Arthur to talk to him about the trolley robbery that Bronte tipped him off about. Arthur asks if it will be just the two of them, but Dutch tells them they'll need a third. Arthur recommends Lenny while Dutch asks why not Micah. Arthur tells him that Micah is too reckless and that they will never get along. Their conversation is interrupted when Dutch notices an odd figure riding a horse into camp at a trot. Mary-Beth screams in horror and recognizes the figure as Kieran, who has been decapitated with his eyes gouged out after he disappeared after the party following the return of Jack.
A horde of O'Driscolls then begin to invade and attack the camp. Arthur shoots at the first wave of attackers from the porch before Dutch sends him down to the front door to defend the main area of the camp. The non-fighting members rush inside the house to hide, while the rest continue fending off the O'Driscolls. However, the gang is overwhelmed by their numbers and is forced to retreat back to the house. After the front door is barricaded, Dutch assigns John, Charles, and Arthur different positions to defend. As they continue the fight from inside, Arthur hears several loud screams from outside. Recognizing the voice as Sadie's, he heads out to save her but arrives to find her killing three O'Driscolls with a Knife. They and the other gang members kill the rest of the attacking O'Driscolls, while the few survivors run away, and the mission ends. Dutch then asks Charles, Swanson, and Pearson to bury Kieran while Arthur and John clear out the corpses, but not before being told by Arthur how hateful Colm is. Arthur has an individual Diary writing cutscene, where he regrets not being able to save Kieran's life. Kieran's death has a lasting impact on the camp, notably Arthur for failing to save him, Bill because he had grown fond of him, and Mary-Beth who had implicitly fallen in love with him.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Shoot the O'Driscolls in the boat before they disembark.
- Complete using only sidearms.
- Complete with at least 70% accuracy.
- Get 15 headshots.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Numerous O'Driscolls - Killed by the defending Van der Linde gang members during the skirmish.
- Kieran Duffy - captured by the O'Driscolls and decapitated some time prior to the attack on the camp.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills or abandons any member of the gang;
- Allows any member of the gang to be killed;
- Fails to retreat inside Shady Belle;
- This title is possibly a reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which appear in the Book of Revelation Chapter 6.
- Micah Bell, Lenny Summers, Bill Williamson, Javier Escuella, Tilly Jackson, Josiah Trelawny and Uncle do not appear in this mission, despite it taking place at the hideout. No explanation is ever given for their absence.
- All of the other members not helping fight the O'Driscoll gang at the front of the house can be found hiding in the room across from Arthur's, with the exceptions of the above, Orville Swanson and Karen Jones. Swanson hides in Hosea's room, while Karen is shooting from the balcony.
- John is shown to be using multiple weapons in this mission. When the player joins him in the fight outside, he is using his custom Cattleman Revolver. Then, after the player blocks the doors to the house, John is holding a Carbine Repeater, despite not having one slung over his shoulder earlier. Lastly, during the cutscene at the end, he is carrying a Bolt Action Rifle.