Owned by John Marston, this Cattleman Revolver features a blackened steel finish and a custom bone grip. However, after years of reckless gunslinging and crime, this sidearm has seen better days. This weapon has an ammo capacity of six rounds and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express and Explosive revolver ammo.
John's Cattleman Revolver can be acquired early, during the mission "Paying a Social Call". During the shootout with the O'Driscolls, the player should disarm one of them and lead him to John. If this happens, the O'Driscoll will wrestle the gun from Marston and cause it to be dropped on the ground, where the player can pick it up. This way it is even possible to acquire two of John's Cattleman Revolvers.
- John most likely had this weapon throughout the entirety of his time in the gang, explaining its worn appearance. Additionally, he can be seen using it in 1899 when the player controls Arthur Morgan.
- Despite the compendium saying that this weapon has “seen better days”, it shares the same stats as the regular Cattleman Revolver.
- The revolvers used by Hosea Matthews look almost identical to this weapon.
- Unlike Micah's Revolver, this weapon has two slots in the weapon inventory, but a second one can be acquired via exploits only.
- This weapon's absence from Red Dead Redemption is likely because it became old beyond use.