|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
|Howdy, partner. It seems that the quality of the images used on this page ain't quite what we expected. |
You could definitely help out the wiki by uploading some.
If you're logged in, it'll get you some achievements going.
Jon hunted Indians at some point in his past. He massacred those he encountered, and even claims to have eaten the heart of one. In the Valentine saloon, he can be heard audibly expressing his hatred towards the Indians.
From Chapter 2 onward, he loiters around Smithfield's Saloon in Valentine. Jon only appears here between the times of 12 PM and 6 AM. He can be seen sitting at one of the tables, drinking and raging about the Indians.
As he rants about the Indians, the player is given the option to antagonize him. If the player stares directly at him after this, he becomes irritated and will attack the player with his fists.
If he is knocked down, his raccoon hat will be knocked off his head, which can be picked up by the player and kept.
- He looks very similar to the Sasquatch Hunter from the first Red Dead Redemption. He also has a similar appearance to the Sasquatch hunter from Grand Theft Auto V.
- He is much harder to take down compared to other NPCs.
- In addition to disliking Natives, he also holds a grudge against the inhabitants of Valentine, as well as the drinks in the saloon. It would appear he dislikes many more demographics.
- In a drunk monologue, Grizzled Jon says that he has eaten human meat (White and Native American), as well as feces, when he ran out of food to eat on a journey gone wrong.
- He also claims that he has massacred bison.
- Alternatively, the player can also fight him by bumping into him when he leaves the saloon.
- Wearing the stolen Raccoon Hat in Valentine whilst Jon is present, regardless of location, will instantly make him hostile.
- "What's your problem partner? Yeah you! With the squinty eyes... and the big old head... and the women's britches... you!"
- "Real men don’t care where other men turd!"
- "They weren’t Christians... so I sent 'em to hell!"