This long river bisects Roanoke Ridge, serving as the source for the Elysian Pool before wending down and becoming part of the natural boundary between Scarlett Meadows and Bayou Nwa in Lemoyne. It empties into the Lannahechee River. It also serves as a boarder to the city of Saint Denis to the west of the city.
In the southern section of the Kamassa River, within Bayou Nwa, there are river deltas, swamps, and marshlands. The water within the Kamassa River to the south is much more stagnant and slow moving than it is compared to the water of the Kamassa River within Roanoke Ridge.
The Kamassa River is possibly based on the Ouachita River, which flows from Arkansas into Louisiana, much like how the Kamassa River flows from Roanoke Ridge into Lemoyne.
- Due to a large number of alligators in the water, swimming in this river is ill-advised.
- To the north of the Elysian Pool, right when the river makes the steep curve back toward Annesburg, travel to the west and slightly north and the Roanoke Ridge Overlook Bone can be found on a small rocky plateau.
- To the northwest of the bone, there is a wooden structure near the railroad bridge. Inside a ruined crate is Valerian Root. To the northwest is a lookout tower where Ginseng Elixir is found, and due west of there is a dreamcatcher.
- Continue to follow the railroad tracks to the northeast, and just after the border crossing into Roanoke Ridge is the Fossilized Man, just north.
- To the northeast of the bend lies an old tomb. The Viking Hatchet can be collected from the altar while the Ancient Viking Comb is behind the skulls. The Viking Helmet is found just to the north of this.