The Lancaster Repeater is a well-rounded gun that uses a fast lever-action system to load the next cartridge. It has the lowest damage of all repeating rifles, but the quick firing rate and high accuracy give it the advantage. This gun has an ammo capacity of fourteen rounds, and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express and Explosive repeater ammo.
This rifle is available from all gunsmiths. It is also provided during the mission "An American Pastoral Scene". The Lancaster Repeater can also be found in a weapon case in the basement of the gunsmith in Rhodes, by robbing the basement after seeing a kidnapped young man through the basement window near the right side of the store.
- The rifle is based on the Winchester Model 1866 "Yellow Boy" rifle.
- Though the Model 1866 might seem to be an odd choice in 1899, the rifle was extremely popular and produced in high volume from its introduction until 1898.
- Customizing the gun at the gunsmith in-game to give it an iron frame makes the rifle look like a Winchester Model 1873.
- In some cases, the player may be able to get two Lancaster Repeaters in their inventory. If they acquire the weapon prior to the mission "An American Pastoral Scene", the player can end up with two Lancaster Repeaters stored on their horse as a result of a glitch.
- In 1899, John Marston can be seen with a unique version which is iron-plated and has a Rosewood varnish. It is often strapped over his left shoulder, and he can be seen using it in combat at various times. However, the weapon is omitted from his inventory when he is playable.
- ↑ In-game description