East of the mainland in Lemoyne is Sisika Penitentiary, an island in the middle of the river.
- The Lannahechee River seems to be based on the real world Mississippi River.
- There is a river in the real US state of Georgia called the Lanahassee Creek. It is a tributary to Kinchafoonee Creek.
- Lanahassee is a name taken from the Muskogee language which most likely means "rancid yellow water". Variant spellings are "Lanahasee Creek", "Lannahasee Creek", and "Lannahassee Creek".
- There are two ways to pronounce the name of the river. One way is "Lah-na-hass-ee", commonly used by Americans and characters with a strong southern accent, like Arthur Morgan. Another way is "Lah-na-ha-chee", which is commonly used by characters who don’t speak English as a first language, like Javier Escuella. Arthur and Javier speak about this discrepancy in one of the fishing missions.
- The river eventually ends leading into the ocean. Players can travel to the ocean via canoe or boat and if they are using enough stamina items.
- If the player gets to a certain point whilst travelling the river, the territory will be known as Guarma.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.