The Legendary Channel Catfish is rumored to inhabit in the San Luis River. Fishermen have tried for years to catch this fish but no one has ever been successful. Reports suggest that this fish prefers overcast weather. The size of this Legendary Catfish could be over ninety inches long and weighing around one-hundred and eighty pounds, which might be why this catfish has never been, and may never be, caught.
The catfish can found at San Luis River, south of Benedict Point.
- After completing the Stranger event, the Legendary compendium version of this fish shows the default Channel Catfish compendium image.
- While the Legendary Channel Catfish cannot be seen in-game, it has a fully rendered model unused in the game's files, it is roughly four times the size of an ordinary Channel Catfish. Attempting to spawn it with the use of mods will cause the model to glitch, however it does have a functioning swimming animation. The player cannot kill it and managing to get it on land will cause it to roll around.
- As this fish's habitat is in New Austin, the player will only be able to start this mission and add it to the compendium after the epilogue. However, Arthur Morgan does have recorded lines for catching the Legendary Channel Catfish, which can only be triggered through the use of mods.
- On the way to Rio Bravo, one of the nicknames that Jeremy Gill comes up with for the fish is "El Diablo Amarillo."
- While he further describes it as purportedly being "pallid yellow" in appearance, its cut model is notably albino. This may be a developer oversight although game files state it's not intended to be seen in gameplay.