A small town on the bank of the Dakota River, Limpany burned down and was abandoned sometime before 1899. The blue Cornwall Kerosene & Tar barrels scattered through the ruins suggest that the company did business in the town or had some hand in the fire that destroyed it.
- Brewster's Provisions
- McCluskey's Saloon
- Sheriff's Office
- Jail building
- Numerous ruined houses
- Valerian Root can be found in the largest building to the northwest, the saloon. It is upstairs on the windowsill, along with a pack of Premium Cigarettes.
- The first Le Tresor Des Morts Map can be found in the jailhouse near a dead prisoner for players that pre-ordered the digital version, or own the Special/Ultimate edition.
- Under the desk in the southern building (the Sheriff's office) is a lockbox containing a gold bar and the Special Horse Stimulant Pamphlet.
- To the southwest is a cliff that overlooks the settlement. Near the top of the cliff is a Rock Carving.
- A corpse sometimes appears south of the settlement, near an outhouse.
- After opening the lockbox that contains the gold bar and Special Horse Stimulant Pamphlet, do not take anything out of it and save the game. Reload the game and return to the lockbox. The pamphlet will be gone and the gold bar will respawn after grabbing it, allowing the player to take up to 30 gold bars which you can then sell to a fence and earn up to $15,000. Repeat the save and reload process to continue this glitch.
- When playing as John Marston, the pamphlet may disappear or go missing.
- Limpany can be briefly seen at the end of trailer #3.
- There is a sitting spot in front of the Sheriff's Office.