|Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
Long Arm of Marston
|Description||Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun in any game mode.|
|Gamer Score||20 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Silver silver|
Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun in any game mode.
The following weapons can be used to complete this achievement:
- Buffalo Rifle
- Evans Repeater
- Repeater Carbine
- Henry Repeater
- Winchester Repeater
- Springfield Rifle
- Bolt Action Rifle
- Rolling Block Rifle
- Carcano Rifle
- Explosive Rifle
- Double-barreled Shotgun
- Sawed-off Shotgun
- Pump-action Shotgun
- Semi-auto Shotgun
Tips and Tricks
- One way to get this reward is to go to any gang hideout in Free Roam Kill all the enemies with a rifle/repeater/shotgun then keep replaying the hideout until getting the trophy/achievement. If playing the PS3 version (or GOTY edition for Xbox), it's suggested going to Solomon's Folly, but any hideout will do. The reason Solomon's Folly is suggested is because of its small size.
- On the mission "The Gates of El Presidio", instead of searching the barracks the player can continue to fight the Mexican Army because they will keep spawning; keep shooting them as they come.
- Playing the game normally while using rifles, repeaters, or shotguns as a weapon of choice will unlock this trophy/achievement without any hassle.
- Check your progress by going to STATS>COMBAT in the pause menu, then add up your kills for all repeaters, rifles and shotguns. This trophy/achievement can only be earned by getting 500 kills in multiplayer, or 500 kills in single player. The two do not overlap.
- In Friendly Free Roam, go to El Presidio. Become Wanted, and kill any Mexican Army men that enter the fort. If ammo is needed, stock up beforehand or pick up ammo from the dead Mexican Army men (the player may pick up the Evans Repeater and Henry Repeater doing this).
- The weapon on the cover seems to be of a Sawed-off Shotgun, which is odd being that it has the shortest range of any firearm in the game, and ironic given the "Long Arm" name.
- The title of this achievement may be a reference to the term "long arm of the law".
- Incidentally this achievement is similar to the name of the achievement name in LA Noire, another Rockstar game.
This reward can be earned in conjunction with:
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.