Magicians for Sport is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Remembring Trelawny's warnings about bounty hunters in the area, Arthur goes to speak with Dutch, who brushes it off as most likely a rumor, but nontheless asks him and Charles to go check on Trelawny, as they haven't heard from him for some time. The pair investigate his caravan in Rhodes and find signs of violence, before deducing that he must have been taken by bounty hunters.
Arthur and Charles track Trelawny's trail to the woods, where they find two men - with Trelawny's broken cane next to them. They each subdue one man and interrogate one of them, who informs them that Trelawny is being held at a nearby farm. The pair then find Trelawny and the bounty hunters who kidnapped him within the Braithwaite family's corn fields, but the hunters scatter into the field, forcing Arthur and Charles to find them. After dealing with all three bounty hunters - one of whom was hiding in the barn and shooting at them - Arthur and Charles return to Trelawny, who claims that he told his kidnappers him nothing. He then decides to stay with the gang at their camp for a while, until it's safe to live on his own again. The mission ends with Charles and Trelawny leaving Arthur and riding back to camp.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Inspect all the clues in Trelawny’s Caravan.
- While tracking, stay within 30 feet of the Trelawny’s trail.
- Kill 2 Bounty Hunters in the cornfields within 1 minute.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Jeb - a bounty hunter, who can be killed at the campsite by Arthur
- Several bounty hunters - killed by Arthur and Charles
Missable Items in the Mission
- The Rare Rolling Block Rifle can be looted from a bounty hunter in the barn.
- The player can skip the fighting sequence just by shooting one of the men before approaching their camp. This will also trigger a unique cutscene and a loss of Honor. If one of them is killed they will use the same voice lines.
- The player can also shoot near the bounty hunters without killing any of them. This would trigger a different cutscene.
- All bounty hunters featured in this mission can be looted for a unusually high amount of money compared to other typical enemies, with each one carrying around $18-$23. If all bounty hunters are looted, the player can easily earn up to around $145-$180 by the end of the mission in cash alone.