|Manzanita Post Safehouse|
|Game||Red Dead Redemption|
Red Dead Redemption 2
It is the only building in the settlement that can be entered and is home to a Norwegian couple - most likely Nils and his wife. Both the Norwegian Newspaper Scrap and Norwegian Journal Page can be found here.
Red Dead Redemption
The cabin is located on the western tip of Manzanita Post near the Stagecoach. It is a necessary component to achieve 100% Completion. The safehouse contains two beds, a chest, a fireplace, a pair of snowshoes, moose antler plaque, and a bear-skin rug.
- This is the most expensive safehouse in Red Dead Redemption, costing $800-$400.
- Completing the Stranger side-mission "The Prohibitionist" may decrease the price of the safehouse by one half.
- There is a moose antler plaque hanging over the fireplace and a black bear rug on the ground, even though these animals are not present in the game.
- This cabin likely belongs to Nils, who is a Norwegian toolmaker in Red Dead Redemption 2. He can be seen in the mission "The Tool Box" where he sells John the necessary tools to build his ranch in Beecher's Hope. He works in Manzanita Post, very close to this property. The cabin can be entered in Red Dead Redemption 2 and the player can find a newspaper scrap and journal page, both entirely in Norwegian. However, he is neither seen nor mentioned in Red Dead Redemption. It is likely that he moved away, putting his cabin up for sale through an agent who subsequently put advertisements for the property in newspapers such as The Blackwater Ledger.
- There is an ad for this property in The Blackwater Ledger, it reads:
- "Small log cabin for sale at the Manzanita Trading Post in Tall Trees. Perfect for a hunter or recluse."
- The snowshoes hanging on the wall by the chest can be knocked off the peg if the player should bump into them.
- This safehouse is one of the few that cannot be accessed in multiplayer. There is a board of wood placed on the door to keep it from being opened. The reason for its inaccessibility is unknown.
Acquiring the Manzanita Post Safehouse contributes toward the following achievement/trophy:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.